Sunday 24 March 2013

When i was younger

I do not think that I am the only person to notice this is the current society we live in that so much has changed since I was younger.

 I mean when I was younger I was excited to get a kinder egg and wonder what toy would be inside and I would be happy with that and I remember when a tamagotchi was the best thing in the world apart from when it went off at 3 in the morning to be fed, other than that it was amazing. All i have to do is scroll down my face book to see how much has changed like the amount of selfies or whatever the correct term is of people younger than 18 with iPad's, iPhone's or other devices reflected in the mirror along with the infamous duck face or worse the underwear shot. Nobody wants to see it!. Then is seems like time has gone full circle I mean in the 19th century many girls would be married and have children by the age of twenty or they would be considered old or ugly for not being courted but time passed and girls started getting an education and focused on careers and built a stable home before having children now back the present day girls are back to having babies before twenty I looked at my year eight class photo and out of the 10 girls over half have now got a baby or one on the way. I do not have a problem with young mothers it is just an observation I have made. I have also noticed the change in young girl’s clothing last time I went into a fashion retailer and I saw a really nice dress that was reasonable length then realised it was a 10-11 year old dress that had been put back in the wrong place. I then took the opportunity to look at the girls section and saw that half the stuff there I wouldn’t wear because it would be to short or a little bit to preppy for me. My mother and I then went to another shop and I noticed the same thing again but this shop had the same white chiffon playsuits in sizes 5-6 years up to 16 years the thing with these playsuits was that the top buttons were pretty low down the chest also the playsuit was a little bit see through I know this because I tried on the 16 years one.

Please tell me I am not the only one who has noticed these changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment