Monday 8 April 2013

MY HERO


Hey guys

I would like to introduce you all to my Hero. She may not be superman but she is stronger.


This is my Grandma she has been the biggest inspiration in my life this lady had cancer THREE times and beat it she also had THREE heart attacks but yet she still saw the world for all its joys and happiness. I was lucky enough when I was younger to spend as much time as I did with my Grandma because my Dad was in the army which meant that we moved around a lot and so I wouldn’t be in the way I would go on a little holiday to My Grandma’s in Sutton. In 1997 my Grandpa died and it was also the year that my Aunty (my Grandma’s daughter) got married, my Grandma being the person that she was did her grieving and put on a brave face for the wedding, even though she only smiled for a couple of photos she was there being brave.

 In 2003 I moved to Boston Lincolnshire and my Grandma moved in with us which was the best thing that had happened in my life to but I was foolish enough not to realise it at the time.  During the years that followed my Grandma and I use to play tricks on each other and my Mum whenever the house used to go unusually quiet my Mum would get paranoid and try see what we would be up to which usually would be mischief. I remember she always use to have the right words to say whenever I needed to hear them when I was being bullied she really was my rock along with my Mum.



In 2007 my Grandma got cancer for the third time it was a hard blow for us all but we soon got to work on kicking cancers butt this time her treatment was more severe than the times before and the chemotherapy started to make her weak it after a couple of small does in hospital it was realised that the chemotherapy was killing her but as soon as they found out it was stopped but luckily the cancer had been beaten and she was put in remission.

Through the years we had our fair share of fights with each other because we were just so similar in so many ways and both as stubborn as an ox (Her words). I remember one day I was in her room living room with her and I was a little upset and she just turned to me and said ‘Lauren be as free as a butterfly don’t let anyone cage you and don’t be afraid to fly’ the words have stuck with me since. We had this on-going joke for year where she used to call me a ‘horrible child’ and I would call her a ‘horrible Grandma’ but there was never any truth or hurtful meaning behind it.



 When I was younger I wasn’t able to say Grandma so I called her my Marmar and it stuck till December 1st 2011 at 3.45pm this was the day that my Marmar was taken away from me. The day before she died she said her last words to me and they were ‘I love you god bless my horrible child’


Not all heroes wear costumes and masks and not all heroes need super powers but her strength and determination has made me the strong independent young woman I am today and I would not change anything that happened in them 10 amazing years because I knew she loved me and supported me not matter what and even though I said I didn’t want to be there when you passed I was glad I was because I got to tell you how much you meant to me.     



If Roses grow in heaven

Lord pick a bunch for me

Place them in my Marmars arms
and tell her there from me
Tell her I love her and miss her
and when she turns to smile
Place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for a while
Because remembering her is easy
I'll do it every day
But there’s and ache within my heart
That will never go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment