Sunday 7 April 2013

Rest in Peace


Hey Guys
Today's blog is serious and I would like to share with you something that has recently happened in my life. 

I think I have lost my spark for blogging and I would like to share with you why I think it had disappeared. A week ago a close friend of mine committed suicide. I am part of an on-line gaming community and have been for the past eight or so years but I met Fred around three years ago he lived in Canada and was a great member of the group. Even though I never had the chance to meet him face to face I spoke to him almost every day and we bantered and abused each other in a funny way. Fred was due to come over in the summer and we planned a whole week of joking around and him teaching me how to cook American/Canadian food. Last weekend I went to Manchester to watch Rocky Horror on stage I came back home on the Sunday I was home for four hours before we got told the news and everything seemed to stop for a split second next thing I knew tears were rolling down my cheeks.  The minutes that followed after the news team speak was silent everyone in the squad was in a state of shock. Even though we had never met and were miles apart we had helped each other through tough times again and again. Yesterday you were cremated at 6pm our time and again team speak had never been so quiet and on our Facebook page we created a video of all our favourite memories of Fred. I find it amazing how someone you have never met can have so much impact in your life. No matter how many times you have dealt with death each individual death will affect you in a different way. 



Rest In Peace Fred

The tears and sadness we now feel are a small price to pay for having you in our lives but you will continue to live on in our memories and you will never be forgotten Rest In Peace Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment