Wednesday 17 April 2013

Technology


Hey Guys
So here’s a thought
How far away are you from a mobile phone?
How about a game console?  

I know irony is going to bite in the butt all through this post but oh well. I know that I am using technology to send this post but I think whenever you do a post about technology and society irony kicks in.



So I found this picture the other day online (I know the Irony) but I think Albert Einstein has a point I know that I am guilty on relying on technology for example my essay timetable for university was on my tablet with weekly reminders. However I try and cut down on using my mobile when I am around my family because firstly it’s RUDE and secondly why waste time on something that is replaceable while something irreplaceable is right in front of you. It makes me laugh when you walk past fast food places and see a group of people sat round a table that are clearly all together and their all on the phone either Tweeting, Facebooking or texting ERM hello your with a group of friends how about you talk to each other and put the phone DOWN.  I also find it rude and annoying when someone is being served by someone at the till while on the phone and commenting on the service or completely ignoring the fact that they are being served and just being plain RUDE there is no need for it. A mobile phone or Ipad or any other devise is replaceable (I know at a cost) but family and friends aren't

Take a look at these TRUE headlines

Mother Kills Baby after Interrupting FarmVille Session
22-year-old potentially faces life in prison after shaking her baby to death.
By Kris Pigna, 10/30/2010

Girl starved to death while parents raised virtual child in online game

Korean couple became obsessed with raising virtual baby while their real infant daughter lay abandoned and unfed
By Mark Tran Friday 5 March 2010

Boy murders his mother over Halo 3

 I know these are extreme but it proves Albert Einstein’s point.  

 I am not saying let’s all get rid of our technology it is more to the point of use it at appropriate times not when life is passing you by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment